Hearing Tests for you in Edmonton, AB
Caring For Your Hearing
Hearing may be our most important sense, yet the most neglected.
Your hearing health deserves as much focus and care as your eyesight and dental care.
Why Neglect Your Ears?
As we age, our hearing acuity can degrade, likely due to several factors including prolonged exposure to noise, aging, and health issues. This hearing loss occurs so gradually that it is seldom detected until later in life.
Telltale signs of hearing loss include turning the volume higher on the TV, difficulty hearing conversations in a group, or difficulty using the telephone.
If you feel like you have hearing loss come visit our Spruce Grove, or Edmonton location for a Hearing Test.
More than 10% of all Canadians have a hearing deficit, and it is estimated that 50% of senior Canadians have a hearing deficit. Hearing deficits are increasingly frequent and may often go undetected until a hearing aid becomes necessary.
We live in a noisy world, so it’s important to take steps to protect our hearing. Preventing unnecessary hearing loss is well worth the investment of your time and energy!
Online Hearing Test
It is our belief that no individual should be denied the possibility of an improved life with better hearing. Are you concerned with your hearing ability or do you wonder if you are hearing everything you should be? Take this simple test and find out.
Do people seem to mumble or not speak clearly?
- Do you ask people to speak up or repeat themselves?
- Do you find it difficult to follow a conversation in a noisy restaurant or crowded environment?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?
Do you hear better with one ear than the other?
- Have you had any significant noise exposure at work, recreation or military service?
- Do you have trouble understanding some people on the telephone?
- Does a hearing problem cause you to visit or talk to family and friends less often than you would like to?
- Does difficulty hearing cause you anxiety or embarrassment in a new situation?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, we recommend you come in for a hearing check. After all, a hearing loss is more noticeable than a hearing aid!
A home hearing test application for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch called ‘uHear ’ can be downloaded from iTunes.