1. People sound like they’re mumbling.
2. Trouble hearing high-pitched sounds (e.g., doorbell, telephone).
3. Difficulty understanding conversations when you are in a loud place (e.g., in a restaurant).
4. Difficulty understanding over the telephone.
5. Asking peers to speak more slowly and clearly/ to repeat what they said.
6. Constantly needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio.
7. Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus).
8. Hypersensitivity to certain sounds (certain sounds create pain).